Starting primary school
Apply to start school in Year R (Reception) if your child is born between 1 September 2013 and 31 August 2014.
Apply to transfer from infant to junior school (Year 3) if your child is born between the 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 and attends an infant school.
If your child is in Year 2 in a primary school which runs from Year R to Year 6, you don't need to apply for Year 3, unless you wish your child to transfer to a junior school.
If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a statement of special educational needs you don’t need to apply through this admission process. Contact email@example.com instead.
If you're not happy with the school place your child has been offered you can ask for them to be added to the waiting list for:
- any of the Medway schools named on your application
- any other Medway school that wasn't named on your application
You will need to complete the waiting list request form and return it to Medway Council's School Services by Friday 11 May 2018.
Your child will not be automatically added to any waiting lists unless you complete this form and we receive it.
- Waiting lists close on Monday 31 December 2018.
- We will offer vacant places to children on the schools waiting lists from the week starting Monday 21 May 2018.
- A child's place on a waiting list is held in oversubscription order, not first come first served.
If your child is offered a place from a waiting list
If your child is offered a place at a school from a waiting list, we will:
- automatically withdraw any other school place offer you hold so it can be offered to another child
- after the end of the school year, contact you before making an offer to see if you want the new school offer or not
- remove your child from any waiting list for schools named as a lower preference than the one offered, but let your child remain on the lists for schools named higher.
If you want to remove your child from waiting lists
If you decide you're satisfied with a school offer and don't wish for your child to stay on waiting lists you must tell us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don't do this, your child will stay on the waiting lists and may be able to receive another offer of a school place, which means any other offer will be removed.