Starting secondary school
Apply for a secondary school place for September 2018, if your child was born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2007.
If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or statement of special educational needs you don’t need to apply through this admission process. Contact email@example.com instead.
Apply for a place
Open date for 2018 applications: 9am, Monday 11 September 2017
Closing date for 2018 applications: 5pm, Tuesday 31 October 2017
- you must live in Medway to apply through Medway Council. If you live outside of Medway, you need to apply through your local authority
- you can name Medway schools and non-Medway schools on your application
- Medway residents can apply for up to six different schools in order of preference (not including private, independent or special schools)
- you don't need to name six schools, but naming only one school doesn't give you a better chance of being offered a place there
- don’t name a school multiple times. It will only be considered as one of your preferences
- you must use the child's main address
- if your child has a sibling at the school it does not guarantee them a place, you still have to apply
- if applying for more than one child (e.g. twins) you must complete a separate application for each child
- you must apply even if you have added your child’s name to a school’s expression of interest list.
We recommend you apply online because:
- It's quick, easy and secure
- you'll get an email confirmation when you submit your application
- you can check or change your application up until the closing date and resubmit it after changes are made
- you’ll get an offer of a school by email on offer day.
- you may need to complete a supplementary information form (SIF) to go with your application. You can get these forms from the school
- if your child has a health, medical or special access need you’ll need to provide evidence of this with your online application
- if your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or statement of special educational needs, you don’t apply through this mainstream process.
You can visit one of Medway Council's Community Hubs or libraries to use our computers to complete your online application.
If you can't apply online, you can collect a paper application form from our offices at Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR.
If you apply for a school place after the closing date, your application will only be considered if you can provide a good reason, for example:
- serious illness
- late move to the Medway area.
If you miss the closing date you can still submit an application up to 4pm on Friday 10 November 2017 with a covering letter explaining your reasons for being late.
We'll decide if late applications received by 10 November 2017 can be accepted. Any applications not accepted or received after 10 November 2017 will be held pending until after the offer of school places on 1 March 2018.