Starting secondary school
Apply for a secondary school place for September 2019, if your child was born between 1 September 2007 and 31 August 2008.
If your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or statement of special educational needs you don’t need to apply through this admission process. Contact email@example.com instead.
If you're not happy with the school place your child has been offered you can ask for them to be added to the waiting list for:
- any of the Medway schools named on your application
- any other Medway school that wasn't named on your application (you can't ask to go on the waiting list of a grammar school if your child hasn't been assessed as grammar under the Medway Test)
You will need to complete the waiting list request form, which will be available after offer day and return it to Medway Council's School Services by Friday 29 March 2019.
Your child will not be automatically added to any waiting lists unless you complete this form and we receive it.
- Waiting lists close on 31 December 2019.
- We will offer vacant places to children on the schools' waiting lists from the week starting 23 April 2019.
- A child's place on a waiting list is held in oversubscription criteria order, not first come first served.
If your child is offered a place from a waiting list
If your child is offered a place at a school from a waiting list, we will:
- automatically withdraw any other school place offer you hold so it can be offered to another child
- after the end of the school year, contact you before making an offer to see if you want the new school offer or not
- remove your child from any waiting list for schools named as a lower preference than the one offered, but let your child remain on the lists for schools named higher.
If you want to remove your child from waiting lists
If you decide you're satisfied with a school offer and don't wish for your child to stay on waiting lists you must tell us in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don't do this, your child will stay on the waiting lists and may be able to receive another offer of a school place, which means any other offer will be removed.