Thinking of fostering
Foster carers offer a warm and caring home for children and young people from different backgrounds. They help children feel valued and reach their full potential.
- Are you 21 years or older?
- Do you have a spare room?
- Are you willing to share your time?
- Do you live in Medway or within a 20 mile radius?
- Are you a British Citizen or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK?
If you answered yes to all these questions, then you're eligible to foster.
You can also foster if you are:
- married, single or in a relationship
- any gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, religion or culture
If you’re interested in becoming a foster carer contact us on the contact form below and take the next steps to foster for Medway.
At Medway, we work closely with all our foster carers to make sure they have the best opportunities available. Our foster carers agree that we give them the support and care they need to provide a happy home for children in need of fostering.
5 reasons to foster with Medway Council:
- We know the children who come into care and are dedicated to offering them the best of our resources
- We offer competitive rates and reward packages
- You're appreciated and supported as part of a team of professionals
- You have the opportunity to develop into specialist areas of fostering
- We offer joint training with social workers to develop skills in joint working to get the best outcome for every child
Why we're better:
- We put the children and their outcomes first
- We offer continual training, support and development opportunities
- We work with agencies to meet the complex needs of children with: family support, therapy, educational provision for learning difficulties and support moving from care into independent living
- We work with both children in care and foster carers to offer the right support and manage challenges on an individual basis
Upcoming fostering information sessions:
If you want to get answers to your questions about fostering and find out how to get started, then attend one of our information sessions. You'll meet social workers and foster carers and get more information about becoming a foster carer.
Fostering information session in MedwayWednesday 21 February 2018, (am)
Skills to Foster Training, venue to be confirmedWednesday 28th February 2018
Skills to Foster Training 28th February, venue to be confirmedThursday 1 March and Friday 2 March 2018
Fostering information session in MedwayThursday 29 March 2018, 6pm to 8pm
This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.
If you're thinking about fostering and would like some more information or just an informal chat, please complete the form below and one of our foster care specialists will be in touch: